July is Higher Function’s 10th birthday!
Janet and the Team at Higher Function would like to express our gratitude to all of the amazing, motivated and kind people who attend our practice. We would not have the wonderful, fun atmosphere we have without YOU 🧡!
Let’s continue to live stronger and live longer!….and have fun!
After working as a Physiotherapist and a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy specialist for 25 years — in addition to raising a family — Janet decided to start Higher Function Physio & Pilates in 2013 in Canberra City.
Janet built Higher Function to be a business where she would want to work as an employee. Having worked in urban, rural and private practices in Sydney, Toowoomba and Canberra, plus a military hospital and a pain clinic, Janet knew what sort of practice works best (and what doesn’t) — not just for patients but for staff too.
Because of this vision, Janet has consistently attracted and retained excellent, experienced Physios and Exercise Physiologists.
Janet believes that patients want:
- To know what’s wrong and have it fixed.
- To be listened to and understood, so we take the time to do this. We have long appointments so that we can properly assess, diagnose and treat your issue.
- Education. We do this in individual and group therapy.
- A supportive, caring and fun atmosphere in which to exercise.
Janet believes that staff want:
- Time to thoroughly assess, clinically reason, diagnose, plan, treat and communicate with doctors and referrers.
- To be recognised, appreciated and remunerated well.
- To keep up to date with professional development.
- To work autonomously.